18 May 2008

water babies deluxe!

So Lance, being the kind father he is, indulged his children's love for all things water....and got them a bigger pool this summer. They spent a couple of hours in and out of the pool yesterday. Today, was a different story...as soon as we were home from church...they got in the pool....and they stayed in the pool ALL afternoon. I got them to get out and eat their dinner, and immediately they were back in it, until I drug them out this evening in time for bedtime books!!! As I tucked them in, their last request was, "Can we PLEASE swim after breakfast?"
Lance and I took turns being lifeguard this afternoon in the midst of doing other jobs, and even had to enlist Austin's help...to take a lifeguard shift....as the little boys continued to swim the hours away. After all their swimming, they have now a beautiful brown color to their skin! I think it took them half of the summer last year to get this brown!!! So cute!
Sadly...Lance and Austin remain pale with just the slightest touch of a sunburn....I take great care to slather them with sunblock.
It's been hot here the past few days! In fact, Simon "passed out" in church today (on my lap)because he was so hot; I am not sure they had the A/C going yet. So, they got new haircuts this evening....hope that helps with the heat!





1 comment:

Mare said...

Wow - that's a great pool. I wonder if my girls might be related to your boys...they don't have the pool, but the water is CONSTANTLY running in our backyard as soon as it is warm enough. It got up to 65 last week and they were running through the sprinklers..Sounds like you are set for a fantastic summer - all right in your backyard!