14 May 2008

5th Congressional District Caucus

So, this Saturday is the 5th Congressional District Caucus. I have submitted my paperwork as a candidate for a National Delegate. There are many hundreds who are also aspiring to be national delegates. Many such people are sending out fancy fliers, emails, videos...etc.! We have to make a 1-minute speech on Saturday, and I have yet to decide what the heck I am going to say. Maybe that is the key.....last time around....I ended up saying whatever came to me...at the exact time the microphone came to me. Turns out, I was the female in our LD who gained the most votes. I really want to become a National Delegate, but sending out propaganda really isn't my style.

Well....until then, and even then, if I don't become a National Delegate, I will continue to volunteer my time and resources towards electing Barack Obama as President.
Today, I have been busy making signs for the upcoming caucus...




2 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

Way to go! That is so GREAT that you want to do this, I had no idea that you were so much into this, and this is such a great thing to do. GREAT Posters by the way!!!!!!!!!!

Mare said...

I guess you've always had quite a lot to say! Great posters, and good luck! I think it is kind of scarey that the burden of our country's direction etc. is beginning to rest on our shoulders. Once when we were young and carefree, I don't think we ever imagined we'd ever get this old and even care about this 'boring old people' stuff. Can you imagine how scarey it is to think of your old locker partner helping make national political decisions? Scarey! (no pun intended there, but it worked huh?) :)