01 October 2008

last day of summer



That's what the weather man told us this morning.....so after school, i took the boys out for an adventure to the park by the Centennial trail. The weather was perfect.

















We stopped for a picnic first, the ducks and rabbit joined us for lunch. And we saw the turtle on our hike.






We rested after our hike on the shores of the Spokane river.

Made it back to the bridge and headed home! It was a fun afternoon, although I have to admit the boys have gained a lot of speed in their hiking abilities, and I really have to watch out & keep up with them, because they are fearless. The dangers of standing next to a drop-off completely eludes them. However, I am very excited at the thought off all the hiking we will get to do as a family in the future!






1 comment:

Mare said...

That water fall was beautiful as were your pics! What a fun way to spend an afternoon...I'm afraid we are doing the same- trying to eek out any outdoor time before it gets REALLY cold - or colder I should say.