18 October 2008

Important day!


I was so excited yesterday to receive my ballot in the mail! I have talked to many friends here in WA who have documented their vote on film, because of the historical nature of the election this year!! I can't believe in 16 days this whole process is going to be over! It's been a long time coming.....my boys were only 3 when we hung up our first OBAMA sign in our window. (They were hangin' out in my belly when President Bush decided to take us into this ill-fated war.) I cried that day, and I must admit, I teared up today as I filled out my ballot. My boys are now 5 and they have become two of the most passionate Obama supporters that I know. They make me proud. I am voting for myself, but I am also voting for my children...for the next generation of Americans. I know that there are a lot of people out there that will disagree with me. But for now, this is my moment...this is my choice. I am honored to vote for Barack Obama!

3 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

I think it is so great that you are so passionate about who you are voting for. I think it is time for a change and will be voting for Obama as well even though I am registered as a Republican. And I also wanted to say I think it is so great that you are so passionate about voting. It is a very important election.

Mare said...

I'm glad that you are so passionate about what you believe in. However, I thought it was all supposed to be a secret who we vote for (except I think we all know about you!) :) I'm REAAAALLLLYYYY tired of all of the phone calls I get every day asking me who I'm going to vote for - it just seems a little crazy to me.

The CLAMShack: said...

maryann,
cell phones my dear....cell phones. we haven't received a single "robo-call" or any other calls from the campaigns. we do get text messages from Obama. It's because we're awesome!!!