We have lived here now almost 5 months.....and this morning we took our first trip down to the Paseo del Bosque Trail, which is the bike/walking path that runs along the Rio Grande river. It was fantastic! And now that we've been there, I am sincerely embarrassed that we haven't been there until today. Lance rode his roller blades, the boys and I walked, threw some rocks, watched some ducks, played with tumbleweeds, and enjoyed a sunny morning stroll. It was so enjoyable......despite the "gale force" desert winds that were blowing directly in our faces. Also, I had a revelation whilst walking down the trail.......I came to the conclusion that, if I am going to call ABQ my home, I need to live on the west side of the river. The NE heights has been a nice place to call home for the past 5 months, but it is far too urban for my tastes. Too many sirens, too much traffic, too much business. Now, ABQ is not a small city, but the west side of the river really seems more my pace. It has a much more suburban feel. It seems to me that there are more paths, trails, parks and open spaces over there. I am glad that I only had to live here 5 months before making this realization. I have a better outlook on ABQ already. Here are some pictures from our walk......


BTW, this is not the Rio Grande.....it's just a canal that was running alongside? But it was quite photogenic for being, "just a canal..."
And ..... from the west you can look east and see the beautiful Sandia mountains!
No comments:
Post a Comment