01 June 2010

A GREAT START TO JUNE!

I simply CANNOT believe that the boys Kindergarten year is just a few short weeks of being over! Where has the time gone?! It seems like last week we were going through their graduation from preschool!!
Here is a cute pic from the 1st day of their last month of school. It was supposed to be cold & rainy today, hence the reason they are dressed in sweaters, courdorouy & pants! However, it turned out to be a warm sunny day! Somedays a Mommy cannot win!

And an exciting sidenote....we have been looking for a small table to put in the "kitchen" to act as a breakfast/coloring/homework/playdoh/moon-sand table for the boys. I have had numerous ideas about what I thought I wanted, but nothing had really grabbed me. Until today, I was just browsing craigslist...not really looking, just wasting the last few minutes before I had to go grab the boys from school. And I happened upon this amazing table that had been listed 45 minutes before! It is a high table from Pier 1 for CHEAP!!! So I called, and immediately was dismayed as the nice man said that someone had already called and would be arriving at his home @ 8pm to get the table. He said that if I wanted to call back @ 8:30, just to double check that it had actually sold, if it hadn't, it would be mine! Not feeling very hopeful, I left to go get the boys. On my drive to school, the man called back to say that the woman had called to say she wouldn't be able to get the table until tomorrow. He didn't want to wait, so he said I was free to come and take a look at it. I, of course jumped at the chance. Swooped the boys up from school, drove downtown...saw the table (fell in love with the table) bought the table, and brought it home!!! Here is a pic of the boys doing "home-school" tonight at their new table. (Notice they are both wearing tank tops this evening!)

No comments: