So, I had expected that we would still be camping until tomorrow, the first day of June. However, the weather man stated there was a 40% chance of rain yesterday. Well, it rained 99.9% of the entire 24 hours of yesterday. We hung in there, and despite the fact that we didn't wake up to rain today.....Lance & I were tired of being soggy. The boys could have stayed up there for another week!!! Here are a few pictures....before my camera fizzled out. Maybe there are fantastic Memorial Day sales on cameras?
We saw a young bull Moose...so cute!
The boys, pretending to be Moose!
All 4 boys walking together, makes my heart glad!
cute kids!
trying really really hard to skip a rock.
This one is the BEST frog catcher in the world! As soon as anyone sees a frog, they immediately call for their brother, because they know he has "mad frog catching skillz"!!
I believe they named him "Leapy"
Hey Leapy!!
mmm....tasty!!!
Cooking a DELICIOUS camp breakfast!
* * *
And YES!
We let the boys "play" with knives. How will they ever learn knife safety, if they aren't allowed to touch one or work with one? We didn't have a single casualty. The youngest was also allowed to run around the forest with a hatchet strapped to his chest by a bungee cord, as well,the other two had knives fastened to their belts! Not a single injury! They even successfully chopped down a dead tree using their hatchets. The oldest kid also did most of the wood chopping, with a regular sized axe!
This little boy in the picture above makes an excellent marshmallow stick! If you are in the market for one, I suggest you put your order in. Each stick he created was different and unique!
We suggest that all parents of young children read this book.
Get your kids out there to explore the world!!







2 comments:
It must have been something in the water we drank as kids growing up. I TOO let my kids run around with knives through the forest - what a coincidence! :) I love your photos I can almost smell the water and the campfire...looks like a great time!
I am totally getting that book! And, for the record, we totally agree with you on the knife thing. :)
Glad you all had a good time camping and didn't get washed away in all the rain!!
Post a Comment