07 May 2010

A bike ride to remember....

So early Monday morning, I rented a bike from here and was going to take a group tour. However, when I got to the bike rental spot, they informed me that "at this time there are not any tours....too early in the season". Well, you can imagine my dismay & disappointment. However the nice bike guy said that I could rent a bike for 4 hours, he'd give me a map and I could do my own trip (for less cost than the actual tour). So I picked the bike, grabbed a helmet, tucked my little map away and set off for my adventure. It was an exhilarating experience biking in downtown Chicago. The trip I took was about 4.5 miles one way. It was completely worth the pain & agony my rear-end suffered. Here are some pics..I got an early start and traveled down the Lake Shore path which for the extent of my trip was completely along Lake Michigan heading south of downtown.

My TREK "comfort" bike....remains in question, as to how COMFORTable
it actually was at the end of the day!
Crossing over the 47th Street pedestrian bridge.

The neighborhood I visited...

The house....complete with Secret Service men that yelled at me! (How awesome is that!?!)

and a basketball hoop!

The house was actually surrounded by giant trees, so my view was limited. I had to stand on the opposite side of the street (which is why I got yelled at in the first place...ooops!) The street is barricaded off, so I could not actually see the front yard. But it was a fun day, warm & sunny...and I am so glad I went!

And on the way back to town, look who I should run into on the path.....
You would think that someone SO important ought to be wearing a helmet!

(I should clarify that the picture above, was a joke. I didn't actually see the President, just his house)

No comments: