02 June 2010

STRANGE EARLY MORNING...

The boys had their first visit to the EYE doctor. Appointments @ 7:30 in the morning are impossible....I will never understand why I made the appointments at that ridiculous hour!?!?! At any rate, I made a special effort to get them in with the Pediatric eye doc, thinking it would be a more enjoyable experience for all involved & the office staff recommended the boys see him. 
The boys did fine. The Pediatric doc however had the personality of a dried up worm. He absolutely reminded me of Willy Wonka's COLD & DISTANT father! Not just in looks, but demeanor-wise as well. His attempt at humor came at the end of the appointment where he stood up slowly, brow furrowed and grandly announced, "Well, your boys both need glasses!" He must have sensed that his weird joke didn't go over so well, as my mouth fell open, the boys curled up in disbelief!!!  He quickly recanted his grand statement and said, "Sun glasses, they need sun glasses....their pupils are dilated, but their eyes are fine. No actual glasses needed".
What a weirdo!
In two years, I will take my chances with a regular eye doctor. No need to waste my time with the strange pediatric guy.

Here's a couple of pics with their cool disposable "sun glasses"!!!




(I know that I am incredibly biased, but man alive! They are so cute!)

No comments: