24 August 2010

VACATION.....

We began our family vacation at the museum at Hill AFB, Utah. When I was a kid, my dad was stationed @ HAFB. Which is why we ended up in the great land of Zion...oops, I mean Utah. The museum was built after we all left UT, so this is our first visit to an AMAZING museum. So many planes, helicopters, history & information! It was great for the boys, and they
 LOVED having their Grandpa around because he could answer so many of their questions!!!
Grandpa Molzen with 6 of the 7 of the grandkids kids that were present.

Bear, all suited up in the flight simulator!
Oh there's the 7th wee little grandkid, and Simey....who definitely should become an AirForce Pilot, simply because he looks so incredibly handsome in the uniform!!!
When we were kids we attended the Chapel on base. There was an "old chapel" where we attended sunday school and VBS, and there was the "new chapel" where we attended services, weddings, programs, etc.. This is a picture of the Old Chapel that has been moved and is part of the the museum display.  My two younger siblings were both baptized in this church. My brother and I were both acolytes here when the Lutheran Chaplain would be presiding over the service. It was a fun church to grow up in, and I have lots of great memories of my childhood religious experience here!

No comments: