11 April 2009

Egg hunt...Egg dyeing...Egg nests....

We take the boys to the same egg hunt every year. They had fun....and got REALLY muddy.




We always dye our eggs the day before Easter. This year, we made homemade dye. I think the colors turned out more beautiful than ever before! And we could adjust the colors as we went along! So much fun to watch the boys making their Easter eggs!


We dyed 3 dozen....minus the 2 that Lance ate before we could get to them!

And now....onto our little nests. I made these as our place cards for Easter dinner tomorrow. Little mossy nests and "robins egg" candies. They turned out lovely. We're excited to have our friends over for dinner and to celebrate the Resurrection!
What a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Mare said...

Those little nests are SO cute! I also loved the colors of your eggs. I'd love to get your recipe - we tried to make our own - the only one that really worked well was turmeric - everything else kind of didn't quite do what we'd hoped. Happy Easter!