25 August 2008

Sad day....

Well as far as blogging goes....it is a sad day...our camera spontaneously went ka-put! so we'll have to use our words instead of pictures to tell you the latest happenings....
We haven't gone camping the past two weekends. it was 100+ degrees two weeks ago and too hot for enjoyable camping. this past weekend, we stayed home and got a lot of work done around the house. we also rode our bikes downtown and attended a local powwow. always a good thing to expose the boys to some of the culture. it was a fun bike ride.
Last week I was notified that I had been granted credentials to attend the final night of the Democratic National Convention. So I am leaving early early Thursday morning to fly to Denver. I will hear Obama make his acceptance speech @ Invesco field. It will be a historical night! I am very excited that I have been given this opportunity. From Denver, I will travel on down to Colorado Springs to visit my sister, Dawn and her family for 4 days! Looking forward to that as well!!!
While I am gone, Lance and the boys will be headed out on a 3 day camping trip and floating with a group of our friends on the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene river. Should be fun. Might even qualify as a "Colby Bad Boyz Weekend", but I am not sure that any late night cheeseburgers will be available.....which is a staple of any Bad Boyz weekend.
On another note, we've had a little addition to our family. As some may know, our cat Mao-Mix died earlier this spring. We now have a new kitten...Moose. She's a funny looking little thing, and has 24 toes, but she is really social and has fallen in love with the boys. Everywhere they go, Moose isn't far behind. She's even set up shop as the boys' new lifeguard during bathtime. She loves their playroom and has as much fun down there as the boys do.
That's about it. Austin starts school next Thursday, and Colin & Simon begin class the following Monday.
We've had a GREAT summer....can't believe it is over, we had a lot of fun, and were thankful it wasn't too hot, for the most part!

2 comments:

Mare said...

How exciting for you - and a bummer for me that you will be so close - yet so far. We are going out of town - possibly much more southwest... I hate to miss you, but know you will love the convention!

Mare said...

Actually, we ended up in Denver. Our hotel had a bunch of delegates staying in it - and I wished I'd known how to contact you! Bummer that we missed each other!